Friday, August 15, 2008

Oh It's On!

The Olympic spirit has carried over into our house.  Elli, Addie, and I played a marathon of games.  Why, you (don't) ask?  The answer is 2 fold.  1) I would rather play organized games with my kids than imaginary.  I get so bored so quick with Barbies or tea parties. (Good thing their Grandma Joyce is great at that.)  And B) I had to motivate them to clean up the disaster they made upstairs when they played house/school/daycare/doctor/restaurant, which was really cute and took a lot of time but my goodness, every room including my bedroom and the hallway was part of their enterprise. So I bribed them with quality mom/game time and it worked!
Addie won round 1 - Toy Story Monopoly
Addie won round 2 - Apples to Apples Jr.
Elli won round 3, Disney Scene It DVD
(I really didn't let them win, I just don't have that competitive drive that you need to win)

1 comment:

Emily said...

Guess what! You're a nicer mom than I am. Elliot has been begging me to play Risk (the longest game ever), and I keep putting him off, promising him one hour on Sunday.