Friday, August 8, 2008

Disney Dash

Jason called yesterday on his way home asking what did I think about going to Disneyland that night?  I am a planner, not a spur of the moment girl, so it took me a few minutes to realize I had no good reason why not.  So we made a mad dash off to see the big Mouse.  It had been 5 months since our passes expired and we had all been itching to get back.
We got there right before the parade started and still got a great location my friend Jaime taught me about right where the parade starts on Main St.  The girls got high fives from Goofy and then he came over to Amelia and shook her hand and she loved it, unfortunately no picture as proof.
On Pirates, Amelia went to her "happy place" of sucking her fingers while on only Mom's lap to ward off the scary pirates. (She also went to her happy place during Buzz Lightyear: Astro Blasters.)
After Elli & Addie rode Matterhorn twice & Big Thunder Mountain it was Amelia's turn again.  She went to her other "happy place," the carosel.  For the first time she didn't argue with me that a horse says neigh, not moo.  
This picture definitely shows that Jason & Elli are at the happiest place on earth.  (Yes, I did let Elli wear Marie kitty ears, even though Jason disagreed with that decision.)
Dare-devil Millie was copying her mocking sisters on Winnie the Pooh and "raised the roof."

Comments of Note during our visit:
Elli on Pirates: "Mom, I learned something today, Pirates have very dirty feet!"
Jason on Pirates busy on his Blackberry:  "I've been on this ride a few dozen times before, so I'm playing Blackjack trying to earn back our money for the passes."
Jocelyn watching the parade in the direct path of the setting sun: "If I knew we were going to Disneyland today, I would have worn deodorant." (I am not a stinky person, and luckily the heat and humidity didn't get me smelling like a European.)

2 comments:

Andra Jamison said...

I'm agreement with Jason on the kitty ears...and a little too much info. about your pits! Other than that, I'm sure the characters have been wondering where the King family was, all is good with the universe again!

kkicks said...

Was Amelia just sucking her fingers in her happy place?

Too bad I can't post about what my husband said about his happy place!

I can see where the King happy place is!

I didn't want to tell you your pits were a little off when we were there..........