Sunday, August 24, 2008

C'est Magnifique

Welcome to Chez King, where Elli and Addie had a reservation for a "Fancy Nancy" night before school starts gourmet meal.  Their request for food was butter pasta, which we accented with steak and salad.  And, of course, sparkling cider.  It was chilled perfectly, having been sitting in our fridge since Christmas.  With no Martinelli's ready to go, what will happen if a very important dignitary comes by unexpectingly?  I better go to the store tomorrow! 
We put on our finest. (Notice: My polyester snowflake table cloth, Addie's "earrings", Elli's bridal veil, & Jason's tie!)
Thanks to Auntie Cami for my oh-so-stylish scarf from Paris, and my tiara from Disney Store.
Amelia is such a sport wearing dress-up for the meal, so unlike her.
The girls got a little carried away with the bubbly.  I had to teach them the phrase "pardon moi."  We eventually had to cut Addie off, it was the responsible thing to do.
For the finale, banana splits.  Good luck tomorrow.

(Lest you think this was an original idea, I must give credit to NieNie, a blogger mommy I have never met, yet I do know her family.  To learn more about her fabulous life and her recent tragedy and needed prayers, click here.)

3 comments:

Emily said...

Darling, Jos! Who knew Jason looked so good as a waiter?

Mandy said...

Looks like you guys had a fabulous evening! The girls all look so cute in their fancy duds.

Cami Diamond said...

glad I could help :)