Monday, June 30, 2008

Not of This World

Here is a thoughtful conversation on our drive up to our friends' beachhouse.

Addie: Whose house are we going to?
Mom:  Beau's grandparents' beachhouse.
A: Are they going to be there?
M:  No
A: Where are they going to be?
M: At their other house.
A: Where is that?
M: Well, they have 2 other houses, one near our house and one in Newport Beach.
A: So they have 3 houses?
M: Yes.
A:  They must be rich!
M: Maybe
A: Who is richer, someone who has 3 houses, or a hotel?
M: Do you mean someone who stays in a hotel or owns a hotel?
A: Owns a hotel.
M: Someone who owns a hotel probably has more money.  Do you know anyone who owns a hotel?
A: Yes, London Tipton. (pause)
Who is richer? London Tipton or Hannah Montana?
M:  I don't know, but Hannah Montana earns her own money and London Tipton just spends her dad's money.  What would you rather do? (I do know they are fictional.)
Elli pipes up at this time: Hannah Montana.
Addie: London Tipton.  
(I could have guessed each girls response!)
I am sure our next conversation was really deep and meaningful, I just can't remember it.

3 comments:

Emily said...

I'm just now noticing that you added comments!
I like this conversation that you had. London Tipton bugs.

AnnieB said...

I love it! Hilarious!
It was so fun to see you guys this weekend! Your girls are gorgeous and you look fabulous and Jason is always hot, of course!! We love you guys and I'm sure we'll see you this fall for our annual Disneyland trip.

kkicks said...

Time to update!!!!

I'm coming there soon are we going to meet at the beach?