Thursday, June 5, 2008

A Few Simple Rules





I believe children should have boundaries and rules to follow.  So my children understand from an early age certain family "dress code" standards they must abide by.  I am sure all respectable and upstanding families have their standards also.

Here are ours:

1.  No character clothing.

2. Matching amongst siblings is adorable, matching with parents is a no-no.

To all rules there are exceptions, and my children understand our family exceptions as follows:

Underwear and pajamas are excluded from above said rules.

It is "a good thing" to wear Disney clothing to Disneyland

That said, here is my exception to the rules, I do indeed match my baby with sock monkey pajamas.

(Disclaimer: once, not too long ago, I accidentally matched Amelia while visiting Arizona and had access to limited options of clean clothes.  But don't worry, all night I stayed as far away from her so neither of us would be too embarrassed and make those around us uncomfortable.)

2 comments:

stephanie said...

jocelyn oh my goodness, it is so good to see you have a blog, ive been wondering how the heck you have been doing...your girls have gotten so big, i cant wait to show taylor...so funny i was with my friend diana in calif last week and we got on the subject on knowing people in cali and she said they just stayed with you..it is such a SMALL world...it would be so great to hear from you...oh i found your blog off of kellys..email me your address and i will invite you to my blog..stephanie hatch

az updates said...

Way to go Jocelyn...your blogs are so funny, you're really good at this and I love keeping up with the Kings!!!!! I
l'll fix Addies name on the tag