Friday, December 26, 2008

On the Third Day of Christmas...

Growing up, we NEVER had a fake tree.  In my teenage years, we had 2 trees, both real.  One was our family tree with colored bulbs, some flashing, some crystal, some both, some neither. There were handmade ornaments, school ornaments, and all the others that get accumulated over the years.  Then there was my mom's angel tree that was all white and gold and pretty.  We loved both trees and I knew I would always have a real tree when I grew up.  But then I found out how EASY unreal trees are.  You can put them up early, you don't have to string lights on, no watering and checking needles only to find out your tree is dying on you too early, and no messy needles to vaccuum.  So we took the plunge last year and bought our unreal tree.  Don't you judge me until you have walked a mile in my uggs!
The girls had fun helping me. I hope I didn't hurt any feelings by making them run ornaments by me to see if it qualified as front or back of tree worthy.

No comments: