Tuesday, June 28, 2011

My Mother's Day


Because May is a big blur to me, I am finally getting around to journaling memories of my big day. It started with presents and cards. I have impressed upon my children that a thoughtful card is more important than the gift - but I still want a gift. Can't I have my cake and eat it also? So they have become wonderful card makers and this year they I received some fabulous cards.
Adeline's card above was very cute and from her school she gave me a recipe book where they guessed the recipe for their favorite dish of their mom's. Addie picked my strawberry freezer jam and concluded that I made it using jello, creative but wrong.
Elli made me a beautiful painted bowl and gave me a caustic poem with the letters for Mother. My favorite lines:
"O is for Optimistic...You always look at the glass half full. I need to learn how to do that."
"R is for right, and I mean always right. Why are you always correct??? Do you know every answer to every question???"
So young and so smart, and yes - I do.
In Millie's card she lists things I do that she loves, one of them being picking out her shoes, it's the little things I guess.
After I opened cards and presents, we sat down to a charming breakfast of croissants and fresh fruit and I commented what a great morning it was, to which Millie replied "ya - for you."

No comments: