Sunday, May 15, 2011

Playing Dress-up

When Elli was born I loved to dress her up head to toe in outfits, complete with bows, bracelets, full-on ensemble, shoes and socks. As Addie was born I wanted to keep her sweet and precious and comfortable and tended to dress her in soft one-pieces; no more 0-3 month denim skirts or overalls with uncomfortable metal closures. And shoes didn't touch her feet until she was practically walking therefore necessitating them. I was even happier when Amelia came and they had Robeez, a fusion of shoes and socks; perfect!
So with a boy, the only thing that has changed is the overall color scheme, I still prefer the soft and comfortable clothes that keep him squishy and little. So today with the rain coming down outside and a full laundry basket waiting to be washed I thought it was a good opportunity for Max to wear his adorable baby shower gift outfit complete with corduroys and a sweater vest to church. We all gathered around as Jason called us in to see our "Little Man". Though there may not be hairbows for boys, he does have matching dinosaur socks. (and still no shoes)
We had to make some style choices; we went with sleeves rolled up one time and shirt untucked. We don't want to look like we're trying too hard.
Too bad no one really got to see him in his dress-up and good thing we took these pictures before church because as we were sitting in our pew Jason handed him over and the sour smell hit me; as I lifted the sweater vest there was proof of a blow out. So with baby in tow I had to walk out during church, take him home, bathe him, feed him, put him down for a nap, spray and wash his clothes, do a quick wash cycle on hot water, and then another to really get the yuck out. So this is my church for today.

1 comment:

Grandma Joyce said...

Too cute!! I love it.