Sunday, October 26, 2008

Check That off My List



Things to do while we live in LA:  Eat at Roscoe's Chicken 'n Waffles
I have eaten brunch plenty of times, we have brinner probably twice a month (breakfast FOR dinner) but never have I had breakfast WITH dinner. (unless you count the time I accidentally ordered steak and eggs and then cried when my food came, but I blame my parents for letting me order so poorly)  So anyway,  I wanted to experience cuisine that has stood the test of time and really be one with the people of Los Angeles so we ventured to Pasadena for the famous Roscoe's Chicken 'n Waffles.   Don't think that since we didn't go to the Los Angeles location we didn't stand out a wee bit.  Good thing I wasn't wearing my McCain/Palin t-shirt.  (don't really have one, but don't think I need one for people to assume my party affiliations)  Luckily our friends, The Shorts, were there with us for back up, safety in blonde numbers.
The waffles were really good, with a hint a cinnamon.  (Who stole my dad's secret ingredient?)
Fried chicken is always a guilty pleasure, and the girls liked it all, also.  (But really, what's not to like, it is all bad for you!) And we got mac 'n cheese, super yummy, similar to Joe's in Gilbert only better.
Check out the painting behind us, they were all over the resaurant, and for sell if interested. GOBAMA

We were hoping to see Snoop there, we hear it is his favorite, but no such luck this time, and I can't really say there will be a next time.

3 comments:

kkicks said...

I hear the KFC in Pasadena is really good too!

Obviously from your faces, Jason was playing it way cool about having a family photo taken, at night, in front of not one, but two fried chicken illuminated signs!

California is SO much better than Arizona!

Mandy said...

Good times!

Andra Jamison said...

I think it might be your "frightened" face your making in your family picture that made you stand out...not the blonde hair. Trevor will be jealous...and glad to see you are back to blogging regularly!