Monday, July 21, 2008

Wonder Twin Powers: Activate!!

My mom was never asked when we were little whether we were twins.  We had our own looks; Andra had the chubby cheeks, the strong shortish body, darker eyebrows.  I had the freckles, skinny frog legs, translucent eyebrows.  (Did I forget to mention Andra's shiny, long, black, almost unreal hair and my awesome smile?)

As we have grown up, we have grown much more alike in our appearance to the point that whenever we get together people are asking us if we are twins.  I attribute this to Andra finally loosing her chubby cheeks and learning how tweezers work.  (Just kidding Andra, at your expense. I also learned how to make blonde eyebrows brown.)
Not only did at least 3 people last week ask the twin question, someone in my church came up to Andra and asked if her sister was in town visiting, she replied yes, and that she was the sister.  Her neighbor also thought for a moment I was Andra.
At the cabin my dad asked her a question thinking he was talking to me, he is getting old, poor guy.  But the icing on the cake is when Andra's Trevor (I told you she likes him to be called that) put his hand on my knee, AWKWARD!  (In his defense we were all sitting close together.)
I have to say, I take it as a compliment when asked, she is not only my sister but my best friend.  Why else would I have 3 girls just like her?

3 comments:

AliceK[i]ND said...

Hooray for best-friend-sisters! My sister and I get mixed up all the time....especially at church!

Anonymous said...

Jocelyn,

You write well. That was fun to read. Randy showed me your blog. I think Lisa and Ellora have a similar relationship to you and Andra, being best friends and all. Now if only your brothers could learn something from you two!

Paul

AnnieB said...

I wanna sister!! Both Beautiful! Love the pic!