Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Out with the Old

Addie loved her watermelon bikini.  It didn't start off as hers, first it was Elli's.  She was sooo excited to get this hand-me-down, being used didn't tarnish the beauty of the watermelon bikini.  Her little friend Sydney also had this same Old Navy suit, which Addie thought was extra cool.  She wanted to wear it every time an occasion called for a swim suit.  Even though she only was allowed to wear it every other time, she still wore the crap out of this suit.  The black seeds on the top were faded and cracking, the red and green lycra suit was balled and thinning, and the thick elastic waist band was not so stretchy anymore, it hardly stayed up.  After 3 years it was time to retire the watermelon bikini, which I had been telling Addie since summer started.  When we went to the lake and her suit wouldn't stay up, I told her it was her last time wearing it.  I threw it out, it was in no shape to go to D.I. Fast forward 2 days later, Addie asks where her watermelon bikini is, I stated the facts of the situation.  Fast forward 5 minutes later and my sister walks in carrying a sobbing 6 year old devastated about her favorite swim suit, you would have thought we cancelled Christmas.  To console her I told her we would look for another watermelon swimsuit, knowing that finding a suit like that would be like finding a Jonas Brothers fan over the age of 13.  Every store we went in Addie would remind me to look at swimsuits, and low and behold, at Target they had a red with white polka dots skirted bikini with a thick elastic waist band.  She loves it, mom is out of the dog house, case closed.

1 comment:

kkicks said...

Obviously all the posing skills she learned at Kelly's Kicks are coming through!