Thursday, December 10, 2009

Thanksgiving

We had a great Thanksgiving this year staying local, something we haven't done for many years. We started the day with Jason running his first race, the Upland Turkey Trot 5K. The girls and I got hot chocolate from Starbucks and watched him finish the race.
Then we went and saw "Fantastic Mr. Fox" which Jason slept through, but the girls and I found it very good. It isn't your pixar/disney/dreamworks movie for sure - but I love Roald Dahl and his odd sense of story telling. Luckily my girls didn't realize all the subliminal swearing occurring with the word cuss substituted over and over for another 4 letter word.
And then we were off to my cousin Heather and Alan's house with my aunts, uncle, cousin, second cousins, and Grandma and Poppa for a nice afternoon of softball and turkey and prime rib.
We are very thankful for family letting us invite ourselves over!
The only problem with not being around my sisters for Thanksgiving is I don't get any of their pictures to steal. I am terrible about preserving memories, and this are my only 2 pictures from the whole day :(

1 comment:

Cami Diamond said...

Please update your blog soon...I am getting tired of seeing Jason's face every time I check your page. Thanks :)