Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Balls!

Everywhere I look I am seeing balls.  I guess that's what I get for being a blog lurker.  So I decided to try these yummy looking treats for myself.  Jason thought the name "cake balls" didn't fit.  His suggestion was "cake truffles", but considering you use "almond bark" instead of actual chocolate as a coating, I thought that name was like polishing a turd. (A phrase I learned from Jason that surprisingly fits many situations: like mopping  linoleum, or washing the minivan, you get the point.)  So then he came up with "white trash truffles", but that doesn't fit either.  There has to be a better name, something in the middle.
So here is my first attempt, I made German Chocolate Cake Balls.  I am excited about all the different combinations out there, if only someone could come up with a great name.

3 comments:

TDM Wendy said...

How about "Dirty Balls?"
Or "Dirty Dandruff Balls?"

Kyli said...

YUMMY!!

Jocelyn said...

Thanks for the suggestions Wendy. If they served them at Clint Eastwoods restaurant (he has 2 of them) they could call them "Dirty Harry" Balls. Appetizing!