Sunday, June 7, 2009

Addie Turns 7

Better a day late, I tell myself to curb the guilt.  We had a jam-packed, fun-filled Memorial Day weekend celebrating the girls birthdays with parties and actual Birth Day activities.
First was Addie's Baking Party.  We started by rolling and cutting out sugar cookies.  This task couldn't have been successful without help from my sister Cami and mother-in-law Joyce.  Working with flour and rolling pins and Amelia takes lots of adult supervision.  While the cookies and pizza were baking we played the Double Bubble Game, like chubby bunny but with leftover bubble gum from Easter. (waste not, want not)  Addie and Brooke tied with 11 pieces in their mouth.
After lunch we played the baby food game, even though Addie wanted to veto this game from the party.  It turns out the King household is not a democracy but a dictatorship, hence the appropo surname, so the game stayed.  It also turns out Amelia actually liked the baby food and wanted more.
We also played "hot rolling pin" and decorated our cookies, then ate ice-cream sandwich cake accented with dulce de leche per Addie's request. (I drizzled caramel from a plastic bottle, just like they do in Italy.)
 
But the piece de resistance were the adorable party favor aprons Grandma Joyce made, Merci!
Happy Birthday Addie, we love you all the way to the moon and back!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jocelyn said...

I love this blog because it is all about me! Also Jocelyn I love you to the moon and back. And thank you for a wonderful birthday and party!!!!!!!! And Mom thank you for a Wonderful Beautiful Ice cream cake, it was really good and cold and Oreo yummy!

Love Addie

Andra Jamison said...

The aprons are adorable...and I must say I love the way Addie has made her shirt into an off the shoulder "flashdance" look. Who does that remind me of??? Oh yah, her mother!:)